December 5, 2019
CONGRESS '19 WRAPS & CONGRESS '20 DATES ANNOUNCED
Congress '19 in Tokyo officially came to a close after four days of cutting-edge sessions and rewarding networking opportunities. Thank you to our host broadcaster NHK, as well as all the partners, session producers, speakers, volunteers and staff who made the event a monumental success.
Check out highlights on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Congress ‘20 will be held December 7 to 10, in Strasbourg, France, through the support of host broadcaster ARTE G.E.I.E. and additional host partners Eurométropole de Strasbourg, Strasbourg Convention Bureau and Région Grand Est. The host venue will be announced January 2020. Stay tuned!
November 21, 2019
GET THE CONGRESS APP
Our CrowdCompass mobile app is filled with useful information, including lists of attendees, sponsors and speakers, the full Congress schedule, in-app messaging and more! There are two ways for registered members to access the app:
From your email - recommended
- All registered members have been sent an email with access instructions. Just open the email and follow the easy two-step process.
OR Download the app
- Install the CrowdCompass Attendee Hub on your mobile phone via the App Store, Google Play or this link.
- Once the directory is installed, search or scroll to find the “World Congress of Science & Factual Producers 2019” and click to open.
- From the invite only screen, click "Log in"
- Enter your name and click "Next"
- Select the option to resend your confirmation code, which will be sent to the email used you used to register. Enter your confirmation code and click "Finish"
November 21, 2019
TOKYO TIPS FROM NHK
Do you have questions about visiting Japan? Congress '19 host broadcaster NHK has created videos to help guide you through Tokyo.
Learn about using PASMO cards, cycling the city, finding delicious eats in the Shiina-machi neighbourhood, Japanese manners and cats, plus meet this year's What's the Buzz host Allie Sakakibara!
October 3, 2019
FIND INSPIRATION AT CONGRESS '19
Spark of Inspiration: The Robot Master: Leading Japanese roboticist Hiroshi Ishiguro will discuss his latest research and predict how we will interact with robots in our homes of the future. Session produced by Naoto Kamimura (enjin productions).
Spark of Inspiration: Queer Nature: Colombian scientist Brigitte Baptiste will explore gender identity, sexual diversity and biodiversity—because nothing is more queer than nature! Session produced by Gastón Chedufau (LAS MINAS SmartMedia).
Inspire Me! This fun and free-wheeling session will delve into the roots of the very best in factual content: inspiration! Session produced by Emma Parkins (Alleycats TV).
September 18, 2019
REGISTER FOR CONGRESS '19 AND RECEIVE FREE GZDOC ACCREDITATION
The 17th edition of Guangzhou International Documentary Film Festival (GZDOC) will take place in Guangzhou, China, from December 9–12, 2019.
This year, WCSFP has partnered with GZDOC. When you register for Congress '19, you receive free accreditation for GZDOC!
Contact [email protected] with proof of your Congress '19 registration to receive your free registration code for GZDOC.
August 15, 2019
ALLIE SAKAKIBARA TO HOST WHAT'S THE BUZZ AT CONGRESS
The WCSFP is thrilled to welcome Allie Sakakibara to host this year’s What’s the Buzz session, our annual round-up of the hottest trends in science, history and non-fiction media. Session produced by NHK.
Allie Sakakibara is an online marketing guru based in Tokyo. She works as a Senior Manager of Product Strategy & Growth at Discovery Japan, leading the digital revolution to market the brand to a fresh, new audience. She is also the executive producer and host of Discovery's online Edutainment show Dbox on Discovery Japan's YouTube channel, which she helped grow from 10 million to 55 million total views in three months. Before joining the broadcasting business, Allie helped YouTube creators and brands build their businesses on YouTube as a partner manager at Google. When she isn't busy helping brands shine on social media, Allie enjoys using her English-Japanese skills to host events as a bilingual MC.
August 8, 2019
NEW EDITORIAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERS ANNOUNCED
The WCSFP is pleased to welcome six new Editorial Advisory Committee Members to help guide the vision for this year's event:
- Science communicator and neurobiologist Samantha Yammine
- Science communicator, environmentalist and musician Matthew Shribman
- FreshPitch co-founder Long Xiao
- Discovery Networks Asia Pacific senior production executive Vikram Channa
- A&E's History channel executive producer John Verhoff
- Entertainment executive Adam Rymer