Emerging Producers Bursary Program
The Emerging Producers Bursary Program offers up-and-coming producers and content creators working in science, history, and non-fiction media a range of financial support for accreditation, travel and accommodation for Congress '19, presented by the World Congress of Science & Factual Producers.
The goal of the Bursary Program is to welcome and represent diverse emerging talent and encourage a new generation of Congress members. Producers and content creators working in all science and non-fiction media are encouraged to apply including those working in digital media, social media and gaming.
For Congress '19, the Emerging Producers Bursary Program will expand to award up to five full bursaries and up to 20 partial bursaries. Additionally, for the first time, legacy support will be introduced offering this year's recipients discounted accreditation for Congress '20 and Congress '21.
2019 Emerging Producer Bursary Recipients
How It Works
Qualified applicants will be selected to receive one of the following tiers of support for Congress '19 in Tokyo, Japan from December 2 – 5, 2019:
Full Bursary (Tier 1)
- Full registration for the Congress '19 in Tokyo, Japan
- Travel and accommodation
- Formal introduction at the Congress’ opening plenary
- Guaranteed one-on-one meetings with decision makers
- Orientation session with leading producers to help facilitate the most effective WCSFP experience
- Tailored assistance and advice to successfully navigate WCSFP
- Discounted accreditation to attend Congress 2020 and 2021
Priority for the Full Scholarship will be given to producers from emerging markets and to digital media producers/content creators.
Partial Bursary (Tier 2 - no travel support)
- Full registration for the 2019 Congress in Tokyo, Japan;
- Formal introduction at the Congress’ opening plenary;
- Orientation session with leading producers to help facilitate the most effective WCSFP experience;
- Tailored assistance and advice to successfully navigate WCSFP.
- Discounted accreditation to attend Congress 2020 and 2021.