Employment Opportunity: Sponsorship Accounts Manager
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: March 2017 - February 2018 (1 year contract)
REPORTS TO: Director of Sponsorship Marketing
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 3, 2017
The World Congress of Science and Factual Producers (WCSFP) is a member-run, not-for-profit organization dedicated to celebrating the best in science and history programs and related genres. The WCSFP's annual event is a must-attend gathering for producers, broadcasters and distributors, and will take place in San Francisco, California in December 2017.
The WCSFP is the place where the science, history and content-rich factual media community gathers to share, explore and reveal how science and history are communicated to the world. As a community, we are passionate about what we do and committed to sharing it with others.
Historically, the WCSFP has operated within the realm of traditional television. We are expanding our membership by integrating content creators and distributors from all visual media platforms. Holding our event in San Francisco in 2017 offers us a unique opportunity to expand our delegate base to include innovative companies in the Bay Area.
The organization and management of the WCSFP event is subcontracted to Hot Docs, which, as the event manager, works to the financial brief of the Board of Directors of WCSFP Ltd.
- Lead role in raising new sponsorship funds from the corporate sector for the WCSFP including all aspects of research, prospecting, preparing sponsorship sales materials, pitching, negotiating and drafting contracts;
- Lead role in developing and selling corporate booth space for the WCSFP expo;
- Renewing existing cash and in-kind partnerships, including the preparation of proposals and contracts;
- Collaborate with all departments to identify, develop and implement projects and activities that will enhance both sponsor experience and fundraising goals;
- Manage an assigned portfolio of corporate sponsors and partners;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all partners, including an ongoing understanding of their strategic goals as they relate to the partnership;
- Attend industry events to maintain current relationships and cultivate new relationships for the organization;
- Travel as required to develop new business and to manage sponsorship relationships.
- Maintain an accurate list of all leads, confirmed sponsors and tracking fundraising goals in Salesforce in collaboration with Director of Sponsorship Marketing.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years professional experience working in a trade show or event sponsorship sales environment
- B.A. or higher education is an asset
- A strong understanding and contacts within the world of non-traditional media (VR, AR, interactive content), online video, gaming, SVOD, and other forms of digital media into the conference.
- Past Trade Show Sales experience an asset
- Enthusiastic self-starter who can work independently
- Exceptional communication and networking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Successful history of prospecting, qualifying and closing sales involving multiple influencers and decision makers
- Understanding of experiential marketing and marketing campaign structure
Please forward a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by March 3, 2017.
World Congress of Science and Factual Producers
Attn: Jenn Shah
Re: Sponsorship Accounts Manager
c/o Hot Docs
110 Spadina Avenue Suite 333
Toronto, ON M5V 2K4
Email: [email protected]
No phone calls please.
Applicants with disabilities who are qualified and selected for an interview will be accommodated upon request.
The WCSFP and Hot Docs wish to thank all those who apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Hot Docs is an equal-opportunity employer.
Of all the gatherings of TV people throughout the year, Congress feels the friendliest. It's stimulating but supportive, small enough to allow proper conversations but broad enough in its reach to give you a new perspective on your own patch. And I always leave full of new ideas.— John Hay, Head of Specialist Factual, Channel 4
Ah, Congress. You have captured a place in my heart! Every year I juggle my daft diary to allow time for you, to see you in your stunning new location, to bathe in your sea of grand ideas alongside the clever folks who are also drawn to you. You are a splendid creation, a crafty mix of business and pleasure, challenge and inspiration. No matter my role you bring gifts, including friendships most prized. Thank you, dear Congress. I shall see you soon.— Sonya Pemberton, Creative Director, Genepool Productions
Science Congress is a great opportunity to meet the world’s factual producers and broadcasters, and get the true story out of them like nowhere else!— Thomas Viner, Creative Director, Pioneer
The WCSP is always a mark in my time line. A strategic moment, a great opportunity to discover the trends of the year on an international scale, and have some passionate discussions with colleagues and international broadcasters. Can't wait for the next one!— Alexandre Soullier, Producer, Bonne Pioche Television
WCSFP is simply the best, cutting-edge, ultimate, extraordinary, top notch, outstanding, ground-breaking, trend-setting, expert-driven factual congress in the world. I can’t wait to see all friends and peers again to set up for our pre-x-mas family style binge-watching meeting. No way to miss the buzz and fun out there every year.— Ralf Rückauer, Vice President ZDFE.factual, ZDF Enterprises GmbH
I had been told by my Chinese friends about the fascinating Congress sessions and that was what profoundly impressed me during the Hong Kong edition. The themes of advancing with the times, the experts and producers who really focused on them, the engrossing debate and comprehensive exchange at social events, all made me enjoy the veritably family atmosphere of Congress.— Mike Ning, Content Operation Director, GZDOC